Every year Coastal Recycling donates around £300,000 to help fund local community projects through the Coastal Recycling Community Fund. The Community Fund was created to help local businesses, charities and clubs access funding for projects that benefit the community, which they otherwise may not be able to complete. In the last round of funding we allocated £71,557 to help fund projects which positively impact the local community. These projects included:
- Bideford BMX Club – Improved club security by erecting new fencing.
- Alwington Village Hall – Improving hall facilities and carrying out key maintenance throughout.
- Roborough Village Hall – Complete refurbishment to kitchen facilities.
- Petrockstow Parish Council – Building of new play facilities.
- Cullompton Cricket & Recreation Club – Improvements to premises.
- St Michael and All Angels PCC – Supply and install a new gas boiler to improve heating throughout.
- Huntshaw Parish Hall – New tables and additional chairs for the hall.
- Newton Abbot Royal British Legion – Complete refurbishment of meeting room
In the past, funding has helped organisations such as Barnstable Bowling Club refurbish their facilities to provide a welcoming place for the local community to socialise and get together. In the summer, we provided funds to Devon Wildlife Trust to help them make improvements to the Meeth Quarry nature reserve, following feedback from schools and community groups. The improvements have enhanced the facilities to provide a more enriching experience to visitors.
In the coming weeks we will focus on the details of individual projects and the impact they have had on the local community.
If you are a seeking funding for a local community project or would like more information to see whether you would be applicable for the fund, click here. The closing date for the next round of funding is the 30th March 2016.