Ten highly deserving organisations in Devon are celebrating being awarded grants through the Coastal Recycling Community Fund.
The successful groups from this round of funding are:
- Calf Street Park Action Group – Transforming Great Torrington’s main park
- Tarka Valley Railway C.I.O – Phase 1 track widening
- 1st Torrington Scout Group – Replacement heating, lighting, windows and taps
- Exe Sailing Club – Replacement of storage facilities and clubhouse improvements
- The Friends of the Church of St Mary Magdalene Huntshaw – Tower roof repair, replacement rainwater goods and masonry work
- Crediton Community Bookshop – Creation of a community hub
- Bideford BMX Club – New first straight gate and start hill
- The Harracott Recreational Hall – Main hall refurbishment
- Great Torrington Bowling Club – Flooring upgrade
- Langtree Parish Council – Purchase of equipment to manage a new football pitch
Each year the Coastal Community Fund donates around £300,000 to local projects.
The next deadline for applications is 6th March 2019. Groups can apply for up to £25,000 towards capital community projects. The Fund is administered by grant-making charity GrantScape, and is made possible through the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF). For further details and to apply please visit: www.grantscape.org.uk/fund/coastal-recycling-community-fund/