Join our team
When you join us, you’re joining a dynamic, forward thinking, driven company with a sustainable future. We invest in our team so they are equipped with the skills they need to take on the task, allowing each person to own their role.
If you have the passion, personality and skills to join our vibrant team, we invite you to send your CV through to email@example.com.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our team
The Company operates several waste and recycling sites within Devon as well as a LGV fleet. There are 130 staff the majority of which are involved in these operations, working around plant, equipment and lorries.
The primary focus of the post is Health and Safety and management of ISO 18001 including transition to 45001. You will share ownership of the Company’s ISO systems with the Compliance Manager including management of our legal register ‘Pegasus’.
You will be responsible for producing and promoting the Group Safety Strategy across our sites, providing advice and guidance, monitoring the implementation of the policies and procedures, complying with legislation and collating and monitoring RIDDOR reports. In addition you will carry out site audits and deliver training at all levels
Ideally with waste/recycling experience, you should certainly have experience of working within an industrial type operation. You should understand the importance of good safety and have experience managing accident investigations and risk assessments.
The privately owned Company is expanding and developing and you would be part of that growth.
Health & Safety experience within an industrial environment.
- Qualifications: NEBOSH
- Skills: ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and H&S legislation
- Desirable: Waste Legislation and dealing with governing bodies such as the HSE
- Minimum 3 years continuous employment in front line H&S role.
- Good organisational skills and proactive.
- Enthusiastic and professional.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Superb IT Skills especially Excel Word and Powerpoint.
- Full UK Driving License
Job Types: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Coastal Recycling are looking for new or experienced drivers to operate and drive a variety of waste collection vehicles based in Exeter and North Devon (Torrington).
You must have a minimum of LGV Class 2 (Cat C) entitlement, good communication skills and a positive and flexible attitude.
Please forward CV’s to Beth Kelly, Coastal Recycling, 1 Mulberry Court, Lustleigh Close, Matford Business Park, Exeter, EX2 8PW by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Recycling Operative you will be responsible for receiving and sorting waste products for screening and/or transfer to landfill and treatment, in order to maximise value on sale. Work flexibly across the site in support of the efficient running of a commercial and customer focused facility. Responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of heavy construction equipment used at Kenbury Wood Resource Recovery facility.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Sort and separate waste materials to maximise value on sale, and in accordance with Company procedures and relevant legislation.
- Work flexibly across the site as directed by your Supervisor, ensuring the site is clean and tidy, operations are carried out with due regard to the health and safety of all employees and contractors who may be affected by the operation, and avoidance of damage to plant, equipment and property.
- Operate plant and machinery and carry out daily inspection checks as required, complete defect and damage reports and other associated paperwork and follow the escalation process to workshops.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times to external and internal customers.
- Ensure uniform/PPE is worn at all times whilst on duty and is kept in a clean, tidy and serviceable manner in accordance with Company health and safety requirements.
- Safely and efficiently direct and control waste delivery vehicles at the tipping apron or on the site.
- For landfill operations ensure waste is tipped at agreed locations and compacted.
- Carry out site inspections and checks as directed.
- Picking various materials from a moving conveyor belt ensuring quality and recovery rates are maximised.
- Be aware of and follow Devon Waste Management policies and procedures, with particular attention to standards of customer service, health and safety, and equality and diversity.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous plant operation experience (2 years)
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to use language others will understand, adapt behaviour and take reasonable steps to understand and respond to people with different backgrounds and needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability and desire to actively seek out new solutions, tasks, opportunities or developments that improve the Company’s ability to achieve its objectives in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate openly and honestly with all members of the facility.
- Flexible and willing to shift focus based on Company/team priorities.
- Accepting of constructive feedback.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of responsibilities. It is anticipated that this role may evolve and more responsibilities would be added to the current job description. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.72 /hour