West Country Compost
High quality soil conditioner by Coastal Organics
High quality, peat free and suitable for organic use, West Country Compost is perfect for improving growth and vitality, while suppressing unwanted weeds. Simply blend into existing soils to provide long lasting, slow release nutrients.
Derived entirely from organic material, every aspect of our composting process is carefully monitored and stringently controlled to meet national standards. West Country Compost provides natural nutrients will benefit healthy plant growth over an extended period.
- Improved drainage and workability of heavy soils
- Increased water holding capacity
- Assisted root development
- Enhanced nutrient retention
- Increased nitrogen availability
- Plant disease suppression
Why use it?
- Suitable for organic use
- Nutrient rich and peat free
- Made in Devon
- Compost Association Certified – BSI PAS 100
- Available in a range of sizes
Available in both 16mm and 10mm grades, West Country Compost is suitable for a wide variety of plant species.
- 16mm: Use this grade as a general purpose soil conditioner. 16mm is ideal for use in your vegetable patch, flower beds and borders, or as a mulch.
- 10mm: Use this grade for Horticultural application. 10mm is perfect for use in a greenhouse setting, for conditioning lawns and using in plant pots.
(Always blend West Country Compost with existing soils, this is not a potting compost)
Now available to order for delivery in dumpy bags or loose bulk orders over 8 tonnes
|Dumpy Bag Prices (exc VAT)|
|1 to 3||£ 66.67||£ 70.83||£ 7.49||/bag|
|4 to 9||£ 62.50||£ 66.67||Inc|
|10+||£ 58.33||£ 62.50||Inc|
For more information about West Country Compost, to place an order or, to get a quote on loose bulk orders please contact us on: 01392 826456
- General soil improvement – Spread 5 – 8cm of compost over surface and dig in to a depth of about 10cm
- Vegetables and soft fruit – Apply 5 – 8cm and fork it in to 15cm
- Planting trees, roses and shrubs – Prior to to planting add one spadeful to two of soil
- General mulching – Spread as required
- Lawn maintenance – 3 – 5 handfuls evenly per square metre
- Repotting – Mix equal portions with peat or coir
- Top dressing pot plants – Equal proportions with top soil peat or coir based compost
- Flower beds – Up to 15cm compost and fork into soil or use as a mulch